//ABOUT THIS BLOG...

Years ago, I picked up a fascination with names...their meanings...the rhythms behind them. I chose to respond to it poetically.

This blog's a collection of some of the name poems I've written over the years.

ORDER A POEM: If you'd like a name poem written for you or someone you care about, please email me at thenamepoet@gmail.com.




poem: Lucia...

poetry
First there was the sun,
then there was the moon,
then there was you.

Show me, little one
Show me how a ton of stars
take refuge in your belly button,
how you play hop-scotch
with the sun,
skip rope with the moon,
how you direct the lightning
to scissor across the sky.

I’ve seen you touch a fly
and watched it transform
into a fire-fly

I've seen you touch a moth,
watched it burst
into a butterfly

So, show me, little one…
how do you do it?
How do you stretch your light
as far as the four corners of the earth
yet still remain here – with me
shining your light on me
smiling at me
loving me – unconditionally.



©Copyright - the name poet.


[Lucia means 'Light' in Latin]


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com