//ABOUT THIS BLOG...

Years ago, I picked up a fascination with names...their meanings...the rhythms behind them. I chose to respond to it poetically.

This blog's a collection of some of the name poems I've written over the years.

ORDER A POEM: If you'd like a name poem written for you or someone you care about, please email me at thenamepoet@gmail.com.




poem: Jayne...


I watched you sway, sashay, shimmer
Watched you glide, float, fly
towards me
Butterfly - with a human face

I watched angels sprinkle-dust you
with cinnamon-scented grace
Elegance known only to goddesses
Watched them hide the key to their beauty
deep within your smile
knowing that there, yes, it would be safe
like I am - with you

Watched a whirlwind of lilacs
whip past me
and settle in a heart-shaped pattern
at your feet
as Nature placed a rose
behind your ear,
and hugged you and hugged you,
then giggled off into the sunset

Aaah...
alone at last

sway, sashay, shimmer
glide, float, fly
towards me
Sweet butterfly
Gentlest of human faces
The very essence of grace




©Copyright - the name poet.


[Jayne means 'Gracious' in Hebrew]


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com