//ABOUT THIS BLOG...

Years ago, I picked up a fascination with names...their meanings...the rhythms behind them. I chose to respond to it poetically.

This blog's a collection of some of the name poems I've written over the years.

ORDER A POEM: If you'd like a name poem written for you or someone you care about, please email me at thenamepoet@gmail.com.




poem: Namdi...

img credit: lou & magoo
poetry
Look at me...
Do you see my father reflected in my eyes?
Do you see his smile folded into mine?
His past and my future intertwined?


Touch me...
Can you feel my father's spirit in mine?
His wisdom, his intelligence, his determination?
My wisdom, my intelligence, my determination?


See the love my father has for my mother?
That their love enticed me from God's arms?
Led me into theirs?


Can you see I am only as worthy
as the God who created me?
Nothing more - nothing less?


Look at me...

See me...

For my father is here.



©Copyright - the name poet.


[Namdi or Nnamdi is an Igbo name (Nigeria) meaning 'my father is present'.]


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com