//ABOUT THIS BLOG...

Years ago, I picked up a fascination with names...their meanings...the rhythms behind them. I chose to respond to it poetically.

This blog's a collection of some of the name poems I've written over the years.

ORDER A POEM: If you'd like a name poem written for you or someone you care about, please email me at thenamepoet@gmail.com.




poem: Jada...

img credit: normanack
poetry
I hold you up to the sky
the way our ancestors would
the way I would a piece of precious stone,
emerald green,
gleaming

and marvel at you.


Maybe it was
the old lady
I helped across the road
She smiled at me
like she knew me

maybe
she was an angel
maybe...you sent her
to test me
to see if I'd really love you
the way your future told you I would.


I love you…
it's as simple as that.
How can I not
when your smile melts chocolate,
when I watch you sleep
in complete awe and disbelief


Still, I hold you up to the sky
emerald green
Waiting...
Knowing that,
just like yesterday,
the stars will tell me

you are mine.




©Copyright - the name poet.


[Jada is derived from 'Jade' which means 'Precious Stone']


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com